Monique Craftin'


Monique from Hamilton South Baptist Church, New Zealand was in Singapore. Now, Collin was posted here for 6 months. Now, Monique and I went back a long, long way. Our friendship was sealed when she studied in Waikato University and her family moved to Hillcrest.
The Currans opened their home to the overseas students, to rest, talk, and not excluding food. Guess what! In all the years I have been to their home, it has always been through the kitchen door that we made our way in. Don't even know where the front door is! Now, that's what I call an Open Home!!
I was nervous at first. Now, this Monique comes from a very talented family. Fine that they are musically talented; no threat to me. But they are crafty (in a nice, art-y sense) too, you see. Her sister Heather made a puppet using an old, dried up apple for its head!
She came over to make a card for Collin's sister. An oriental touch by a Kiwi. 1st time by bamboo stamp was used. I was very pleased. So was she
Boy, we had a great time!

No comments: